Modern shoppers demand a seamless shopping experience. If you are an omnichannel retailer that wants to increase your product discoverability, save on overhead, and keep up with fast turnovers of products, you will want to invest in the right automated product tagging solution. When SEO-based tags are automatically created, your customers will find your most relevant products fast, so you earn sales and don’t have to deal with site abandonment.
Automated product tagging plays a huge role in ensuring accurate searches. Manual or inconsistent tagging will cause irrelevant search results, and users will quickly bounce to a competitor’s site, and their shopping journey with your store ends. To create successful product catalogs, retailers turn to Artificial Intelligence (AI), the premier technology behind automated tagging, to help save time and revenue, increase efficiency, and keep customers engaged to stay ahead of the competition. An automated product tagging solution can instantaneously tag images by extracting SEO-based product data so merchants can meet the changing trends of what customers want faster.
Automatic tagging tools like TagSonic can help alleviate poor customer experience, keep customers from leaving your site, and help you avoid revenue loss. Most importantly, automatic tagging helps you scale fast and save manual effort—which is important during this holiday season when retailers compete on customer experience. Here are eight key benefits that automated product tagging could bring your business:
1) Create error-free product catalogs. You can get missing, incorrect, or irrelevant information when staff has an off day or is tag-fatigued. Tagging can also be subjective. You may call it an amber color, but maybe someone else would call it yellow. Or gold. Or saffron. Or ecru. Automated product tagging removes preconceptions or emotions, leaving objective, unbiased product tags.
2) Build consistent product catalogs. When automatic product tagging contains rich metadata, your search results for customers will be more accurate. Customers can easily find what they want based on sleeve length, pattern, style, or occasion. A comprehensive product catalog with high-quality metadata will deliver a smooth fashion omnichannel experience your customers will love.3) Improve your product discoverability and SEO performance. You’ll see higher conversions, more satisfied customers, and improved brand loyalty when you provide detailed, relevant options for your customers and prospects. Automated product tagging will improve SEO accuracy, which helps reorganize the internal linking system of your site, ultimately preparing you to be visible in strategically better positions on the internet.
4) Deliver exceptional customer experiences with better personalization. If ecommerce is anything, it is highly competitive. Your customers have options—plenty of them. You will continue to build brand loyalty and more revenue when you can help your customers find exactly what they are looking for. You can uncover consumer preferences based on searches linked with specific product tags. Gather data from product tags to understand trends that make your customers buy certain items. When you understand the data, you can deliver a more targeted personalization campaign or provide on-site product recommendations.
5) Simplify inventory management. When you have complete visibility across your ecommerce system with unified product information, you have a real-time understanding of your sales channels, which will help you match supply and demand.
6) Increase productivity. When you free up your retail managers, brand owners, and their staff, they have more flexibility to focus on connecting with customers, improving marketing strategies, provide on-demand customer service rather than manually tagging products.
7) Go to market faster. Automatically tag thousands of products within minutes so you can sell faster. Image-recognition-based AI product tagging can detect objects, colors, patterns, and any other detailed attribute you need while accurately organizing into categories, subcategories, and visuals from any image. Natural Language Processing capabilities can extract text from other media content or messages your team has for individual products.
8) Understand trend management. Granular detail of products helps your retail teams understand their products faster, which helps interpret trends and buying behavior as they learn about new inventory in stock. Deep tagging also helps detect early signs of trends, optimize marketing campaigns, and prepare you for seasonal spikes.
You’ll also want to consider automatic product tagging if you’re interested in the recommerce revolution. The Wharton Baker Retailing Center reports that 65% of all shoppers use resale and recommerce services. While the concept is not new, it’s become hotter than ever as demand for sustainability and affordability become top-of-mind for consumers.
In the Omnichannel Retail Index 2022, only 24% offer recommerce programs; 64% have a trade-in program, 39% offer used product resale or rental programs, and 11% have partnerships. While products like clothing and furniture are recommerce naturals, there’s space for brands across the industry to get involved in resale. Approximately 30% of major brands are involved with a resale service, in-house or through a third party, and there’s still room for others to join.
With AI at work behind the scenes, you can increase conversions and ensure your product discovery is flawless. Ensure your retail success with an automated product tagging solution to help you achieve more with less work. OSF Digital’s TagSonic combines the best of automation and innovation, ensuring you overcome challenges in our world’s rapidly changing digital environment.
You dedicate time, resources, and budget toward delivering the best customer experience possible. But are you truly meeting customer expectations? How do you compare to your competition? See how you perform against the Omnichannel Retail Index to help prioritize your digital roadmap and make smarter investment decisions.
Download our free white paper, “How Automatic Product Tagging Can Scale Your Retail Business and Save You Time”