If you are a curious mind who enjoys learning about how things work in various areas of expertise, this technical writing position takes you from cutting-edge technologies and specific industry-related subjects to interpersonal skills and organizational frameworks. As an experienced technical writer, you will have the chance to oversee the authoring and review submitted pieces of writing while researching on various topics to support the content development process.
- Strong research abilities that include:
- Web Search Skills: searching and selecting validated sources of information;
- Ability to extract meaningful and specific insights using large sets of data, detailed reports or specific documentation, while staying focused on the high-level overview of the researching purpose / task;
- Ability to analyze data from different resources and compile information in standard formats, write concise conclusion reports, and provide recommendations for decision-making processes;
- Be knowledgeable-flexible: ability to perform research on various areas of expertise, from technology, industrial, application and web development, healthcare, social science and management.
- Search for subject matter experts who can write or review technical documents, analyze relevant work experience and have a critical eye in proposing freelance accounts for authoring or reviewing tasks;
- Supervise the writing process by checking, editing and providing relevant and to the point feedback to subject matter experts;
- Ensure that all authored and reviewed documents are compliant with pre-defined quality standards, guidelines and procedures;
- Perform check-reviews of submitted pieces of writing for authenticity and flag plagiarism;
- Perform check-reviews to ensure that all submitted pieces of writing have coherent text-structure, fluency of ideas and appropriate classification of topics, subtopics and concepts;
- Select, create or edit photographs, diagrams, and charts that illustrate technical documentation;
- Write technical documentation that does not require specific expertize or certification: general knowledge and research-based writing, user guides, manuals, instructions, Q&A, product details etc.;
- Interfacing with different company departments (Support, Development, Product Management, CSM) to gain needed information or work around issues in a timely manner;
- Maintain records and files of authored documents and revisions;
- Create and manage a multipurpose / multiform documentation store;
- Help with 1st level support when needed;
- Independently plan working time and communicate project status.
- Diploma or Degree in Communications, Social Sciences, Human Resources, English. Alternatively, diploma in Information Systems or under-graduate program of Computer Science is a plus;
- At least one year experience in a similar role;
- Critical/logical thinking, ideally business analyst experience;
- Good organization and communication skills;
- Perfect level of English, especially written, other languages are welcomed;
- Strong experience with technical documentation;
- Proficiency in MS Office, Operating Systems and Internet Browsers;
- Jira or other ticketing tool (nice to have);
- Technical writer or writing experience (nice to have);
- Customer facing experience (nice to have);
- Ability to adapt to new tools and technologies;
- Ability to see the big picture without losing a meticulous eye for detail;
- Structured thinking and the ability to convert this into documentation;
- Flexible and ready to jump in and help out when needed.